Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School
Part of the Good Shepherd Catholic Trust
Diocese of Brentwood
Chestnut Dr, Wanstead, London E11 2TA
Required for September 2020
Group 3 School salary L18 – L24 £65,691 to £74,814
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a thriving school? If so, look no further!
Our Lady of Lourdes is friendly and welcoming, a highly respected 2-form entry Catholic school situated in the leafy suburb of Wanstead. We have a close relationship with our parents, staff and governors, and we are at the heart of the Parish and local community. The Good Shepherd Catholic Trust and the Governors of Our Lady of Lourdes are now looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and suitably- qualified, practising Catholic leader to join our Trust and lead Our Lady of Lourdes in the day to day leadership and management of the school. We want someone who has the vision to build on our successes and ensure that every child can be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
We want our Headteacher to:
- Have a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education;
- Have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives;
- Possess outstanding Leadership skills to inspire and motivate staff ta all levels;
- Be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to working in partnership with the community;
- Have an ability to support, challenge and inspire the children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning;
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful;
- Have a positive and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident;
- Be passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and staff.
We can offer you:
- A supportive, welcoming and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith;
- The opportunity to work with engaged and enthusiastic children and a team of talented and conscientious staff committed to working together to provide the best education and support for our pupils;
- Enthusiastic and caring Local Governors and a supportive Trust;
- The benefits of extensive collaboration across our Trust schools and the wider Diocese of Brentwood, which can provide the successful applicant with opportunities for further professional development;
- Support, in the form of individual mentoring, from an experienced Trust Headteacher, particularly for an aspiring Headteacher;
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school. Please contact the school office on 0208 989 9521 or email@example.com to arrange a visit.
For an Application Pack, please contact Martina Gray at the school office on 0208 9899521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Full details of the post and an application form are also available on the school’s website and the GSCT website.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com or posted to Martina Gray at the school address.
The Good Shepherd Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: 20th April 2020 at midday
Shortlisting: 21st April 2020
Formal Interviews: Tuesday 28th April 2020
Please note that we only accept completed CES application forms and do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.