St Augustine’s RC School
Diocese of Middlesbrough
Group 5 ISR (5 pt. range between L23 & L28) Starting point depending on experience
Required for January 2020
‘We are a Catholic school where young people can grow in faith, are uniquely recognised and valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment.’
St Augustine’s is a successful, much loved, high achieving and joyful Catholic school in the Diocese of Middlesbrough. In June 2019 we anticipate joining a new and exciting Catholic Multi Academy Trust of 20 schools in the central region of the Diocese.
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Scarborough, our school offers excellent Catholic education for communities within Scarborough and its surrounding villages.
Consistently oversubscribed, our GCSE results are in the top 20% in the UK and our students leave St Augustine’s having made significantly above average progress.
Our Catholic ethos and values lie at the heart of everything we do, making St Augustine’s a wonderful place to work, learn and grow.
Following the announcement our Head Teacher is to retire at the end of 2019, governors are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic and an inspirational leader who will lead the school in the next stage of its mission.
The governors are looking for:
• A person who leads by example with integrity and honesty
• A person with vision, drive and ambition, who is passionate about the success of all children
• A strong and visible commitment to Catholic education
• A person with successful experience of senior leadership and proven success in leading improvement
• A person who will play a full and active part in the local community
We will offer you:
• Students who are enthusiastic and committed to their learning
• A school with a caring and genuine catholic ethos
• A community fully supportive of the school’s further success
• A Leadership Team, Staff and Governors who are dedicated, talented and highly motivated
• An opportunity to shape the future of Catholic education across the new St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Sandra Brown on 01723 363280 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Full details of the post, together with an application form can be found on the school’s website at http://staugs.co.uk/
Completed forms should be returned by post or electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019 (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19th June 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd July 2019