Trinity Catholic High School
Headmaster: Dr P Doherty OBE
Location: Mornington Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 OTP
Telephone: 020 8504 3419
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER / DIRECTOR OF PASTORAL CARE
Salary: Outer London L29 – L33
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Required for: September 2020
Suitable for: Experienced Senior Leaders
Applications by: Wednesday 29th April 2020
About the Job:
The Headmaster and Governors at Trinity Catholic High School are seeking to appoint an experienced Deputy Headteacher who is dynamic and ambitious with a strong work ethic and able to inspire others to help us build on and continue to develop our vision for our outstanding school. The Deputy Headteacher, as Director of Pastoral Care, will provide the leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of our pastoral provision from year 7 through to year 11.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate with vision and outstanding leadership skills who is keen to work in a large, high-performing comprehensive Catholic school with over 1700 students across KS3, KS4 and KS5. We would like to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional to work with the Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team to build on our strengths and take the school further forward. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the person appointed will have significant responsibility for pastoral care across the school, including line management of 3 Year Leaders, as well as being the deputy safeguarding lead. The role has more wide-ranging aspects involving the day to day management of Trinity’s Lower Site, school admissions, Health and Safety on the Lower Site as well as a focus on maintaining and developing our work around staff and student wellbeing.
The Deputy Headteacher would be joining an immensely committed Senior Leadership Team in a friendly, outstandingly successful school, where morale is high, students are keen to learn and there is a shared will to make it even stronger. If you possess the drive, energy, passion and ambition needed to be an outstanding leader, we would very much like to hear from you.
About Our School:
Trinity Catholic High School is large Catholic comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge and within the Diocese of Brentwood. Ofsted have ranked us as ‘outstanding’ on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and the wider community. Our school’s inspection reports can be viewed on this link: http://tchs.uk.net/about-us/ofsted/index.html. The highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life at Trinity and these significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment. Trinity’s Section 48 report (January 2020) states that “Trinity Catholic High School is an outstanding school and a beacon of high-quality Catholic education. It has an excellent reputation in the local community and beyond and it is rightly seen as a flagship school for the Diocese of Brentwood”. The report also emphasises that “Catholic life at Trinity Catholic High School is outstanding and is of the highest quality” and “Every aspect of Collective Worship at the school is outstanding”.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who is:
- A practising Catholic who is dedicated to supporting the vision, life and ethos of the school.
- Committed to the spiritual, moral and personal development of young people.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who leads by exemplary practice.
- A leader who is committed to the well-being and academic progress of all children
- Highly organised with a successful track record of leadership and management.
- Has experience of working in the field of Safeguarding and Child Protection and Inclusion/SEND.
- A confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build strong relationships with staff, students, parents and Governors.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
- A strong commitment to your professional development which will equip you with the skills for further promotion.
- A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all.
- Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
- A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Job Description: Job Description
Person Specification: Person Specification
Applications: Download our application form from our website. If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Gillary on 020 8504 3419 (ext.170) or email email@example.com for further details.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.