35 HOURS PER WEEK FLEXIBLE WORKING INCLUDING EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS IS ESSENTIAL
SALARY £35,000-£40,000 PER ANNUM DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
The Diocese of Salford is seeking to recruit a talented and versatile musician with outstanding abilities to help create and deliver the vision for our new Song School located in the heart of Salford.
What we’re looking for:
The director will lead in the development of the vision to create a Song School of international significance, bringing together local, national and international musicians to create a centre of excellence here in the Diocese of Salford. The Song School together with the Director of Music will play an integral part in the liturgical life of the Cathedral, and the candidate will play a key role in bringing it to fulfilment.
What you’ll need:
• A professionally recognised music qualification equivalent to at least degree level.
• You will be a first-class choral director and competent keyboard-player who is committed to the Church’s liturgical vision as set out in the Second Vatican Council.
• An able and eﬃcient manager and administrator with good communication and IT skills.
• Committed to the Christian faith, life, liturgy, worship and witness of Salford Cathedral.
• Open to opportunities for further liturgical and musical training.
For further information on the job description and eligibility criteria or to request an application pack or for more information on this post please contact: Hannah Howard, Human Resources Manager – Telephone: 0161-817-2222 Email: HR@dioceseofsalford.org.uk
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 6th January 2020
Please mention Universe recruitment when applying