St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
‘Learn together and grow in God’s love.’
Head of School post – (Full time/ for the life of the partnership)
Start date: January 2020
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale
The Governing Body and Executive Head teacher of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspiring Head of School for January 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented leader, with a proven track record of raising achievement and improving teaching and learning in their school, to work with a great community of children, staff and parents.
St Joseph’s is a friendly and inclusive one form entry school in Greenwich. We are part of an innovative and outward-looking partnership with 2 local schools. Together we constantly seek new ways to develop teaching and learning.
As a Head of School, you will be a practising Catholic and be committed to the aims and ethos of the Catholic Church. You will have the leadership qualities to inspire and encourage staff and pupils to achieve their very best. You will have an innovative, inclusive approach to leadership and work closely with the Executive Headteacher.
The successful candidate will:
• Have current senior leadership experience
• Share our vision of transforming learning to raise aspiration, secure an enjoyment and love of learning and develop a sense of pride in all that we do
• Put children at the heart of everything they do
• Be an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
• Be an excellent leader with a passion and commitment to improving the life chances of our children
• Have a proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
• Have the ability to drive forward developments in our curriculum
• Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to drive forward change and shape the future direction of the School
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
• Lead a team of skilled and committed staff.
• Work with amazing pupils and supportive families.
• Develop the school vision and strategy alongside an Executive Head teacher and a governing body who are committed to your continued professional development.
Visits are highly encouraged: To make an appointment please contact Lita Dingley on 0208 858 4182 or email as below
To apply: Download an application pack from www.stjosephs.greenwich.sch.uk
Return all completed applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting: 17th October 2019
Interviews: 28th and 29th October 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and email.
References will be obtained prior to interviews.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS and other pre-employment checks including health checks. References will be obtained for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful candidate will be a named DSL along with the Executive Headteacher.